Bachman & Associates helps businesses deter fraud & recover losses when fraud does occur. According to the 2018 Global Study on Occupational Fraud and Abuse key findings…
- 7+ Billion in Total Losses
- $130,000 Median Loss per Case
- 22% of Cases Caused Losses of $1 Million+
- Median Duration of a fraud scheme, 16 months
- Corruption was the most common scheme in every global region
- Small businesses of 100+ employees had a median loss of $104,000. Those with less than 100 employees had a median loss of $200,000.
- Tips are by far the most common initial detection method. Employees provide over half of tips and nearly one-third come from outside parties.
What’s your annual revenue? $1 million? Can you afford to lose $50,000? $10 million? Can you afford to lose $500,000?
Bachman & Associates can help you deter business fraud as well as recover losses if you do experience fraud.
Bachman & Associates offers the following business services:
- Fraud Risk Assessments – An important proactive aspect of minimizing the occurrence of fraud is a review of internal controls, financial and accounting procedures, and the safeguard of assets.
- Fraud Detection & Examinations – One form of fraud is embezzlement, such as issuing fraudulent checks, unauthorized use of credit cards, and stealing inventory. If you suspect fraud, we will identify irregular transactions and prepare a report for management, the court, and the insurance company detailing our findings.
Additionally, we provide:
- Matrimonial Litigation Support – In divorce cases, we review personal financial information like bank statements, investment reports, and income tax returns, to make sure all marital assets are documented for the court for equitable distribution.
- Tax Planning – We provide tax services for individuals and small business, with expertise in fraud issues.
Some of our results include:
- Recovery of $300,000 in losses through a fraud examination resulting in the conviction of the perpetrator.
- Recovery of $1,000,000+ over a three-year period for Medicare through auditing institutional healthcare facilities.